In Montana 1st Liberty has a Community Charter which includes:
Persons who live, regularly work, attend school, worship, perform volunteer services, or participate in associations headquartered in Cascade, Pondera, Teton, Chouteau, or Glacier Counties in Montana. Persons participating in programs to alleviate poverty or distress which are located in said counties; incorporated and unincorporated organizations located in or maintaining a facility in Cascade County, Pondera County, and Teton County, Montana.
Click the following link to find out what county a city is located in: http://www.mtcounties.org
Other means of eligibility include:
- Military and civilian personnel of the United States Government who work or have headquarters at the Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana; Glasgow Air Force Base, Montana; and Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Military and civilian personnel of the Great Falls Air Defense Sector who work at or have headquarters at the Radar Stations in Miles City, Havre, Kalispell, or Lewistown, Montana or Fortuna, North Dakota.
- Military personnel of the United States Marine Corps who are stationed at Gore Hill in Cascade County, Montana.
- Military personnel of the United States Department of Defense who are stationed at recruiting offices in Cascade County, Montana.
- Military personnel of the Royal Canadian Air Force who are assigned to or headquartered at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana or Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Contract Technical Service Personnel who work at or have headquarters at Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana, or Grand Forks Air Force Base, North Dakota.
- Members of this credit union who are stationed at military bases overseas and retain their membership in this credit union.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, active or retired, or their dependents or dependent survivors who are eligible by law or regulations to receive and are receiving benefits or service from the above military installation.
Employees of Corrections Corporation of America, DBA Crossroads Correctional Center, who work in Shelby, Montana. Employees of and students attending Shelby Public School District #14 in Shelby, Montana.
Employees of the following companies who work within a 25-mile radius of the credit union's office in Grand Forks, North Dakota:
- C&R Cleaners
- Eide Pontiac-Buick
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Grand Forks Coca-Cola Bottling Company
- Grand Forks Truss, Inc.
- Happy Host Inn & Real Estate Management Services
- Italian Moon/Wendy's
- J.R. Simplot Company
- New Vision Fiberglass, Inc.
- Players Sports Grill & Bar
- Pro Transport and Leasing, Inc.
- Rydell Chevrolet GMC, Inc.
- Sam's Club
- Strata Corporation
- The Ground Round Restaurant USDA, ARS, Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center
Employees of the following companies who work in Grand Forks, North Dakota:
- AKIMA Corporation
- Conndo, Inc., DBA Subway, TCBY Treats, or Little Caesars
- Meridian Environmental Technology, Inc.
- Social Security Administration
Employees of the following groups who work in the location specified:
- American Tire, Grand Forks, ND
- ARVIG, Perham, MN
- Branded Man Tattoo Co., Grand Forks, ND
- Cornerstone Baptist Church, Grand Forks, ND
- CPI Corporation, Grand Forks, ND
- Dakota Metal Fabrication, Manvel, ND
- Elbert Outdoors, LLC, Grand Forks, ND
- Grand Auto Mart Inc. DBA Grand Forks Subaru KIA, Grand Forks, ND
- Grand Forks Blue Line Inc., Grand Forks, ND
- Grand Forks Cemetery Association, Grand Forks, ND
- Home of Economy, Grand Forks, ND
- Kelly Services, Inc., Grand Forks, ND
- LePier Oil Company, Inc., Grand Forks, ND
- Lithia Toyota who work in Grand Forks, ND
- L&M Fiberglass, Grand Forks, ND
- Marken Inc., Thompson, ND
- MM Restaurant Group, East Grand Forks, MN
- Multi Productions, Inc., Grand Forks, ND
- Northern Empire Pizza, INC. employees who work in or are paid from Fargo, ND
- Northland Enterprises, Inc. DBA Anytime Fitness, Grand Forks, ND
- On-Site Management Solutions Inc., Arvilla, ND
- Sand Pebble Inc, DBA Jimmy John's, Grand Forks, ND
- Third Street Wine and Spirits, Grand Forks, ND
- W.B.H. Inc., Burger King Restaurants, Grand Forks, ND
- Natural person regular members of the Larimore Community and Commercial Club in Larimore, North Dakota who qualify for membership in accordance with its constitution and bylaws as of June 17, 1987, employees of all regular members of the Larimore Community and Commercial Club who work in or within a 15 mile radius of Larimore, North Dakota, except those persons who are eligible for membership in another credit union by virtue of their employment, employees of the Larimore Community and Commercial Club who work in Larimore, North Dakota.
Employees of Transystems Services who receive their dispatch orders from the Grand Forks, ND office and who work in the Red River Valley in Grand Forks, Trail, and Cass Counties, North Dakota.
Members of the following churches in Grand Forks, North Dakota:
- Holy Family Catholic Church
- St. Michael's Church
- Cornerstone Baptist Church
Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of their immediate families* or household**; and organizations of such persons***.
Membership eligibility is extended only to individuals who are members of an "immediate household" of a credit union member. It is not necessary for the primary member to join the credit union in order for the immediate family or household member of the primary member to join, provided the immediate family or household clause is included in the field of membership. However, it is necessary for the immediate family member to first join in order for that person's immediate family member or household member to join the credit union.
*Immediate family is defined by NCUA as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild. This includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
**Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit.
***Organizations of such persons – An organization or organizations composed exclusively of persons who are within the field of membership of the credit union.